Building a strong consortium to serve Manitoba’s bilingual municipalities
The AMBM Group focuses on the added value that French brings to bilingualism through an economic consortium driven by Manitoba’s bilingual municipal leadership.
With a unique structure that enjoys an enviable reputation across Canada, the AMBM Group is a true powerhouse, bringing together three organizations with complementary aims: the Association of Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities (AMBM), the Economic Development Council for Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities (CDEM), and Eco-West Canada (EWC).
In 2018-2019, a number of projects helped consolidate the AMBM’s progress and action leadership
while supporting its growth.
The AMBM: a strong and united voice for Manitoba’s bilingual municipal leadership
- Highlighting the issues and objectives of Manitoba’s 15 bilingual municipalities to the various levels of government as well as provincial and national partners
- Engaging and consulting on the infrastructure needs and priorities of its members
- Defining and updating the bilingual municipal leadership on Francophone immigration in Manitoba
- Promoting official languages and developing Francophone and bilingual communities communities
- Investment to support the French-language service offer in Manitoba’s bilingual municipalities
The CDEM: encouraging, stimulating and organizing community economic development
- 69 new business start-ups 152 new jobs created
- 152 new jobs created
- $7,193,500 leveraged
- 76 immigrants received entrepreneurship/business support services: 28 new businesses created
- $1,370,000 invested for immigrant business start-ups
Eco-West Canada : support the greening of the local and regional economy
- 29 Climate Change Local Action Plans (CCLAPs) initiated during the year: 23 in Manitoba and 6 in Saskatchewan.
- 10 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventories.
- 13 funding applications submitted to the FCM for project development.
- Organized the 1st Canada International Hemp Fibre Processing Symposium: in Manitoba and Alberta.